TECNA 6020A Air-Operated MFDC Rocker Arm Spot Welder
TECNA 6020A – 30 kVA pneumatic MFDC rocker arm spot welder with TE700 Welding Controls
The TECNA 6020A is a 30 kVA air-operated MFDC rocker arm spot welder uses inverter technology. Inverters offer advantages over single-phase AC, including greater welding quality and precision, more efficient use of electricity, smaller size, and less electrical loss due to impedance (power savings). These benefits have encouraged Automotive manufacturers to become a major user of inverter technology.
TECNA model 6020A features TE700 resistance welding control unit. The TE700 can manage up to 4 different welding transformers and store up to 300 different welding programs.
The main advantages of a TECNA 6020A MFDC system over a traditional AC system are:
- Excellent precision on the current control. In fact, the system checks the current every 500 microseconds.
- Reduction of operating and maintenance costs. In order to obtain the same welding results, a traditional AC system would require a higher installed power and a higher current withdrawn from the mains. Moreover, thanks to reduced welding times, the service to the electrodes is reduced, hence a higher productivity.
- Compared to AC welder, the medium frequency system also produces a more efficient heat supply and it allows to obtain the same welding results with shorter time reducing the heat dispersed around the welding nugget (HAZ heat affected zone) and avoiding to alter the material features.
- A balanced mains load and a total independence from the mains frequency if compared with AC welders.
- It always keeps constant the welding current even in presence of changes in the mains voltage, in impedance of the secondary circuit, in the conditions of the welding tools and in the superficial conditions of the material to be welded.
In conclusion, medium frequency system allows to gain different advantages, which can be summarized as follows: Operating costs reduction. Lower energy consumption. Higher productivity. Remarkable control of the welding resulting in a higher final quality. Larger application fields which make the same machine suitable to carry out different types of jobs
- Medium frequency welders, designed to obtain high quality welding.
- Chrome-copper electrode-holders for heavy duty and long life, designed for both straight and angled fitting on the arm.
- Water-cooled transformer, electrode-holders and electrodes; transformer windings coated in epoxy resin.
- Microprocessor control unit TE751 provided with wide screen.
- (optional) USB port for data storage.
- Lubrication free cylinder and pneumatic components which eliminate oil mist.
- Two-stage electric foot-pedal for clamping and welding pieces only if correctly positioned.
- Pre-connection for an additional electric foot-pedal for the direct recalling of welding program No. 2. This function is helpful when different kinds of welding are to be performed on the same piece.
ROCKER ARM CONFIGURATION
Arms: gap 280 mm, adjustable depth 320 mm.
Adjustable electrodes stroke for optimizing the work.
TECNA welders IN-STOCK from TECNADirect.com
TECNADirect.com is a stocking master distributor of TECNA Pedestal Welders, including rocker arm spot welders, press-type spot welders and press / projection-type welders. We also carry a complete line of bench welders, portable spot welding guns, tool balancers and accessories. Best of all, we keep an inventory IN-STOCK at our Warrensville Heights, Ohio location for quick shipment and delivery.
TECNADirect.com is powered by Weld Systems Integrators, Inc., manufacturer of rugged, innovative, high-quality resistance welding equipment and machinery. For more information on Weld Systems Integrators visit www.wsiweld.com.